Dragon fruit, also known as pitaya, is a tropical fruit that is known for its bright pink or yellow skin and sweet, slightly tangy flavor. Cutting a dragon fruit can be a bit tricky, but with the right technique, it’s easy to do.
Here are the steps to cut a dragon fruit:
- Rinse the dragon fruit under running water to remove any dirt or debris.
- Cut off the ends of the fruit using a sharp knife.
- Using a sharp knife, make a shallow cut down the center of the fruit, following the natural lines of the fruit.
- Hold the fruit in one hand and use the knife in the other hand to gently cut the flesh away from the skin. Make sure to cut as close to the skin as possible to avoid wasting any of the fruit.
- Once you’ve cut the flesh away from the skin, you can cut it into slices or chunks.
- To remove the seeds, simply scoop them out with a spoon or cut them out with a knife.
- Your dragon fruit is now ready to eat or use in your favorite recipe.
Remember, when cutting dragon fruit is that the skin is slightly tough, so make sure to use a sharp knife. And if the fruit is not ripe, it will be harder to cut and the flesh will be less sweet and juicy.